Definition of Youth Work
The Youth Work Act, 2001, defines Youth Work as a planned programme of education designed for the purpose of aiding and enhancing the personal and social development of young persons through their voluntary involvement and which is:
a) complementary to their formal education and training; and,
b) provided primarily by voluntary youth work organisations.
Role of Donegal Education and Training Board (ETB)
- Provide assistance and support to the Youth Work Organisations in Co. Donegal;
- Administer youth related Grants from the Office of the Minister for Children & Youth Affairs (OMCYA) and other statutory agencies;
- Implement the National Quality Standards Framework (NQSF) for Youth Work;
- Participate in the work of the Children’s Services Committee;
- Participate in other Youth related Committees or Groups;
- Completion of Youth Service Provision Annual Report to OMCYA; and,
- Establish a Youth Work Committee to advise and make recommendations to the ETB on the performance of its youth work functions.
Youth Work Programmes in Donegal
Donegal ETB, in conjunction with the Department of Education and Skills, provides administrative/financial support, either directly or collaboratively for the following Youth Programmes throughout Donegal:
- Foróige Youth Development Scheme
- Donegal Youth Service Ltd Daybreak Programme
- Youth Information Centres Donegal Town and Letterkenny
- Local Youth Club Grant Scheme
- Schools Completion Programme
Local Youth Club Grant Scheme
The LYCGS aims to support the broad range of activities of voluntary youth groups and clubs in all areas of Co Donegal.
LYC Grant Scheme 2014.
National Quality Standards Framework (NQSF)
The National Quality Standards Framework (NQSF) is a support and development tool for the Youth Work Sector.
Registration with the ETB is the first step in the co-ordination of youth work provision in an ETB area. If you have any queries on any of the Youth Work Programmes please contact the Youth Officer.
Administrative Offices, Ard O’Donnell, Letterkenny, Co Donegal.
T: 074 9161600 M: 087 9213299 Email: email@example.com